Saturday, July 6, 2024

Comic Superhero Sketches


I've recently started sketching again in my limited free time, aiming to elevate my artwork to the next level and simply improve my skills. Given my full-time job developing games and working as a comic book writer, time is tight, especially with a family. However, my long-term goal is to eventually release my own comic album. This would be in addition to the two series I’ve developed as a scenarist/author, MAYA and DARK ZERO, and I plan to handle the artwork entirely myself.

To make my sketches more "exciting," I'll mainly focus on well-known characters in my exercises. These two sketches were created while I was working with Clip Studio. For the Batman piece, I set up various pencil and ink tools and sketched it on the Wacom Cintiq. The X-23 sketch was also done in Clip Studio, but on the iPad, allowing me to work on the couch in front of the TV, even late at night.

Let's see where this journey takes me... :)

Oh, and by the way, I'm always on the lookout for new challenges as a comic writer. So, if a comic editor happens to be reading this... feel free to reach out to me anytime. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment